California Raptor Center is OPEN

Mikey is a red-shouldered hawk


Wildlife Emergency?

If you have found a raptor, please read this page and contact the California Raptor Center Rehabilitation Office at (530) 752-6091.

If you have found a non-raptorial bird or other wild animal, please see this list of local wildlife centers that may be able to assist you.

California Raptor Center

  • Rehabilitation Office: (530) 752-6091
    (General information, found a raptor, raptor emergencies, volunteer inquires)
  • Education Office: (530) 752-9994
    (Booking education programs, questions about the education programs, information about tours and visiting the center - please contact the rehabilitation office if you have a raptor emergency)
  • UC Davis Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital: (530) 752-1393
Due to limited on-site staffing, we may be unable to answer the phone or immediately return your call. Please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.

Additional Contacts

Local Wildlife Centers

State and Federal Wildlife Resources

  • CA Dept of Fish and Wildlife: (916) 445-0411
    • CDFW Region 2: (916) 358-2900
      Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Lake, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento*, San Joaquin*, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo* and Yuba counties (*counties with an asterisk are split between regions)
    • CDFW Region 3: (707) 428-2002
      Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Sacramento*, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, San Joaquin*, Solano, Sonoma, and Yolo* counties (*counties with an asterisk are split between regions)
    • To report dead wildlife to CDFW, click this link or call (916) 358-2790
  • Yolo County Animal Services: (530) 668-5287
  • Reporting dead birds (West Nile Virus) (California Department of Public Health): (877) 968-2473 (24 hr)
  • Poison Control Center: (800) 876-4766